This is my seven species salad that uses the seven-biblical species which are wheat, barley, figs, olives, dates, pomegranates and grapes.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6 people
- 250g mixed grain – to include bulgur wheat and barley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint – chopped
- 100g pitted black olives – cut in half
- 75g medjool dates – roughly chopped
- 100g black seedless grapes – cut in half
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 3 fresh figs – cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Place the mixed grains in a large saucepan. Add 500ml water and the vegetable stock powder. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
- When the grains are cool, transfer to a large serving platter.
- Add the mint, olives, dates, grapes, pomegranate seeds and figs. Mix together.
- Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
Tagged in: Autumn
, Bulghur Wheat
, Tu B'shvat
, Tu b'shvat