This is a delicious vegan rice dish perfect as it is or part of a buffet.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 large white onion – peeled and chopped
- 200g basmati white rice
- 400ml water plus 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 5 threads saffron – soak in 50ml cold water
- 75g raisins
- Garnish: Pomegranate seeds, sprigs of parsley
- To make the pilaf rice, heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion.
- Add the rice, cook for 2 minutes and then add the water, stock powder, saffron threads and water, and raisins.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and sprigs of parsley.
Tagged in: dinner
, Family dinner