- This is a vibrant tomato salad with a Mediterranean twist. Flavoured with a hint of cinnamon and sweetened with pomegranate molasses this salad will certainly wow your guests.
- When you deseed the pomegranates use a bowl to catch the juices to use in the dressing but be careful as pomegranate juice stains!
- On a health note both tomatoes and pomegranates are highly nutritious as they are packed with antioxidants and vitamins so enjoy for taste and good health!
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: No cooking
- Serves: 6 people
- 200g cherry tomatoes, cut into ½cm dice
- 200g plum tomatoes, cut into ½cm dice
- 1 cucumber – de seeded and chopped or sliced thinly
- 6 medium vine tomatoes, cut into ½ cm dice
- 1 red pepper, cut into ½ cm dice
- 1 small red onion- peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 60ml olive oil, plus a little extra to drizzle at the end
- Salt and black pepper – to taste
- 2 pomegranates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and onion and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk the garlic, cinnamon, vinegar, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, and 1/3rd teaspoon of salt, until well combined.
- Pour this over the tomatoes and gently mix.
Arrange the salad and the juices on a large flat plate.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and oregano and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Tagged in: cucumber
, Red Pepper
, Side dish