- Today this salad is very popular whether served any time and very often as part of a meze of salads with pita bread, hummus and falafel or as an accompaniment for just about every meal – both at home and in restaurants.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: No cooking!
- Serves: 6 people
- 3 beef tomatoes – chopped in cubes
- 1 cucumber – peeled, deseeded and chopped in cubes
- 1 green pepper – cut in half, deseeded and chopped in cubes
- 1 red pepper – cut in half, deseeded and chopped in cubes
- 1 small red onion – peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: Fresh mint leaves
- Zaatar – Israeli spice
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix again. Check and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint and a sprinkling of Zaatar,
Tagged in: breakfast
, Lemon Juice
, red onion
, Side dish