- Using a food processor,grate the carrots with onion.
- Remove and with either kitchen paper or a clean cloth, squeeze out the excess water. You may need to do this several times.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, baking powder and flour.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil and test the temperature with a cube of bread so when it bubbles and comes to the top, the oil is hot enough.
- With wet hands or a tablespoon, drop the mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a tray lined with baking parchment paper.
- Oven bake for 15 minutes until cooked in the centre and crispy on the outside.
To serve the stylish way: Dust the plate with cinnamon