This is a delicious combination of cauliflower puree and crispy cauliflower florets. Garnished with pomegranate seeds and roasted hazelnuts, it is an ideal dish to serve with a fish or meat or as part of a vegetarian buffet. Ideally serve hot or warm.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:2 very large cauliflowers – tough outer leaves removed and discarded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
100g blanched hazelnuts – roughly chopped
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
2 tablespoons parsley
Method1) Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4.
2) Combine the spice mix together.
3) Roughly chop one of the cauliflowers into florets and dust with the spice mix.
4) Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper. Place the spiced cauliflower florets on top and drizzle with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
5) Roast for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Add the hazelnuts for the last 5 minutes.
7) Meanwhile cook the reserved cauliflower in the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
8) Transfer to a liquidiser or blender and whizz until smooth.
9) Taste and season.
10) Spoon the puree onto a large serving plate. Top with the roasted cauliflower.
Garnish: Add a sprinkling of chopped parsley and scatter over some pomegranate ds.