- This is an authentic egg free biscuits that has the most amazing flavour and crunchy texture.
- It is a simple recipe that is perfect with tea especially and the recipe doubles well when extra guests are expected.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: Approx 32 biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter/ non-dairy margarine
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder or 5 pods deseeded and crushed
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 200g plain flour
- 100g fine semolina flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons pistachio nuts – finely chopped
- Using a mixer whisk the butter, icing sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg and combine well.
- Stir in the plain flour, semolina, baking powder and salt and whisk again and make a dough.
- Leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Knead it gently.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/ 300F.
- Lightly dust the work surface with semolina flour. Roll the dough out to about ½ cm thick and stamp out using a 4cm cookie cutter rounds.
- Transfer to a tray lined with baking parchment paper.
- Top each one with a sprinkling of chopped pistachio nuts.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minute until just golden.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tagged in: Baking Powder
, Pistachio Nuts
, Plain Flour