- Brussel sprouts with pomegranate seeds makes a beautiful festive side dish.
- Bright red pomegranate seeds make these delicious, crispy caramelized brussel sprouts pop with festive flair.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 450g brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g hazelnuts – roasted and roughly chopped
- 100g skinned chestnut – roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pomegranate – deseeded
- 2 tablespoons date honey (silan)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 180C or (180C with 60% steam.) Line one large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add brussels sprouts and toss with apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil and salt.
- Transfer brussel sprouts to the baking tray, in a single layer, cut halves facing down. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and browned.
- In the meantime, toast hazelnuts by placing the oven on a different oven tray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Toss brussel sprouts with pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, chestnuts and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the finished dish.
Tagged in: Brussel sprouts
, date honey
, Lemon Juice
, Maple Syrup
, Olive Oil
, Winter salad