- Avocados are one of my favourite super foods as they are so versatile but have you ever made them into chips? High in fibre, protein and vitamins, these baked vegan wedges are a must any time.
- Use as canapes, a quick snack, lunch box treats, a side dish or add to tacos, tortillas or with a burger.
- NB: For best results choose avocados that are firm but ripe
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Serves: 2-3 people
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 30g Chickpea flour
- 50ml coconut or almond milk
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 2 large or 4 small avocados, peeled and cut into thick slices
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Dipping Sauce
- 150ml Greek yoghurt or thick non dairy yoghurt/ coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- Pinch salt
- Garnish: Lime wedges and sprigs of coriander
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a baking tray with baking parchment paper.
- Combine the chilli flakes, salt, and flour in a shallow dish.
- Add the milk to a separate shallow dish.
- Coat each avocado slice in flour, then dip in the milk.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each slice, pressing down lightly until the crumbs stick.
- Place on the prepared baking try and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
Store leftovers in the fridge 2-3 days.
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients together.
- Serve with lime wedges, sprigs of coriander and dipping sauce.
Tagged in: avocado
, chickpea flour
, Side dish