- Chanukah is not Chanukah unless one has enjoyed a donut. Baked donuts are easy to make and avoid the need to deep fry. They are child friendly – both for little ones to make and eat!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Baking Time: 25 minutes
- Makes 12
- 180g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 225ml almond milk/coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze
- 25g non-dairy margarine
- 150g plain chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Topping: Coloured chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4.
- Grease with spay oil 2 standard sized donut baking tins (12 donuts total); set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. The batter will be thin.
- Spoon batter into the donut tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Donuts should spring back when lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tin and set on wire cooling rack.
- Once donuts are cool, prepare the glaze.
- In a saucepan melt butter, chocolate chips and golden syrup. Stir regularly until completely melted and well-incorporated.
- Once glaze is ready, dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze. Top with sprinkles and leave to set for about 20 minutes.
Tagged in: Almond Milk
, Cocoa Powder
, Lemon Juice
, Plain Flour
, Vegetable Oil