- This is a tasty vegan salad suitable as a side dish, lunch or part of a buffet.
- I love the crunchy, colourful and flavoursome mix that this recipe offers. Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for all grains which at this time are off the menu!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- serves 4
- 600g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g courgettes – spiralized or peeled into ribbons
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g raw cashews, roasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder mixed with 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 150g fresh pineapple – peeled, cored and finely cubed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 30g parsley – chopped
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons roasted cashews nuts
- Place cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse until fine and looking like rice grains. Set aside
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat up the oil and sauté the shredded carrots, garlic, grated ginger and a good pinch of salt.
- Toss well and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” vegetable stock powder and a pinch of salt. and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, cook the pineapple with the sugar, maple syrup or honey over medium heat for 5 minutes, until it starts to caramelize, stirring constantly
- Add the cooked pineapple, vegetables, parsley, spiralized courgette and cauliflower, toss well and garnish with cashews. Serve hot, warm or cold.
Tagged in: Carrots
, Main course
, Main course salad
, Pecan nuts
, Side dish vegan