- New Year, fresh healthy start – this recipe provides all the feel-good ingredients for a nourishing lunch or side dish with dinner. Enjoy cold or warm.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves:4-6 people
- 200g uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 200g frozen edamame
- 1 medium raw beetroot, peeled and slice
- 1 large carrot - peeled
100g baby spinach
- 50g slivered almonds - toasted
- 50 pumpkin seeds – toasted
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To cook the quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh colander under running water for a minute or two. In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 200ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To cook the edamame: Bring a saucepan of water to boil, then add the frozen edamame and cook just until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and beetroot either using a spiralizer, vegetable slicer or mandolin.
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients until emulsified
To assemble the salad: In your large serving bowl, combine the toasted almonds and pumpkin seeds, cooked edamame, prepared beetroots and carrot, roughly chopped spinach and cooked quinoa.
- Finally, drizzle dressing over the mixture and gently toss to combine.
Tagged in: Almonds
, Baby spinach
, Pumpkin Seeds