This vegan brownie recipe has a delicious velvety texture with a blueberry topping.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 10 -12 people
- 200g dark chocolate
- 280g non-dairy margarine
- 170g plain white flour
- 200g muscovado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g cocoa powder
- Pinch ground sea salt
- 200 ml almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 255g creamy Sheese original – 1 tub
- For the Swirl Topping
- 150g creamy sheese original
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 150g mix of fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC /320F/ Gas mark 3.
Grease a 22 cm square tin and line with baking parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (or in a double boiler), stirring frequently.
- Sift the flour, muscovado sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and the salt into another large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and creamy Sheese original cheese.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture, flour mixture and almond mixture to the food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- For the swirl topping mix the creamy sheese original, muscovado sugar together and dot with spoonfuls on top of the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with mix berries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until just firm.
Tagged in: American
, Cream Cheese