- This is a really tasty stew full of the flavours of the Mediterranean. Make with tilapia fillets but if not available substitute using sea bream or sea bass. This is relatively quick to make unlike a meat based stew; fish pieces cook quickly.
- I rather like this as a dinner party dish as it really takes little effort to make and serve and looks so impressive on a plate.
- Enjoy with cous cous or crispy bread.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions – peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger - peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sumac powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 red peppers – deseeded and cut into cubes
- 4 filets tilapia / sea bream/ sea bass– cut into large pieces - skin on
- 100ml white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tin artichoke hearts - drained
- 12 green olives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and flavour with the sumac, chilli and cumin. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers, tilapia, wine, lemon and stock.
- Bring to the boil, simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the capers, artichoke hearts and olives. Season and simmer for a final 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Tagged in: artichokes
, Family dinner
, Family Lunch
, Main course
, Sea Bass
, sea bream