- This salad is a taste of summer; fresh strawberries combined with salad ingredients and toasted pecan nuts.
- If you wish to make it vegan, omit the cheese and add smoked tofu or al dente cooked runner beans.
- Quick to make and ideal for a hot day when you really don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
- Preparation Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 225g fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large avocados sliced
- 110g fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 200g mixed salad greens
- 12 mint leaves, chopped
- For the Pecans
- 150g pecan
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- For the dressing whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, lime, zest and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the pecans, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter.
Whisk in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Continue to whisk until mixture melts down into a syrup. Add pecans and cook for 2-3 minutes, until toasted, stirring frequently to avoid them sticking together. Remove them to piece of parchment paper and let cool.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl, toss the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and top with cooled candied pecans.