- Unusual, delicious and healthy – these savoury flapjacks are great for a picnic, light lunch or any time snack.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Makes 12
- 100g butter
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200g grated courgette
- 200g grated carrot
- 65g mixed seeds (e.g pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, sesame)
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped
- 150g cream cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried Italian herbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the rolled oats, salt, grated courgette and carrot.
- Add the mixed seeds, nuts and cream cheese, then season with salt and pepper and add the fresh and dried herbs.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a square tin 23cm x 23cm and 4cm deep lined with baking parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until set and golden.
- Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then ease out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Tagged in: Brunch
, Cream Cheese
, porridge oats
, Pumpkin Seeds
, Sesame Seeds
, Sunflower Seeds