- Enjoy this veggie bolognaise with your favourite pasta – spaghetti, penne, tagliatelle. Make double one for now and the second portion for the freezer.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions – peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic 2 large carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers – quartered, deseed and cubed
- 2 large carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 200g mushroom – thickly sliced
300g vegetarian mince /quorn
- 2 tins 400g chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, garlic, red peppers and carrots and cook over the heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms, quorn and fry for a few minutes more.
- Tip the tomatoes into the pan, the herbs, ketchup and stock, then stir well to make a sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cover and simmer for 12 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the mixture is saucy rather than wet.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Normally cook for 10 minutes in salty boiling water. Drain and pour over the bolognaise sauce.
Tagged in: Carrots
, Family Cooking
, family meal