- I first made this recipe over Pesach when potatoes become the main carbohydrate and I was experimenting with Jersey Royals potatoes which are in season.
- Kale or carvel nero are equally good with this recipe but not spinach as wilts to nothing and looses its shape.
- Preparation Time:15 minutes
- Cooking Time:30 minutes
- Serves: 6 people
- 1 kg New Jersey royal potatoes 0r baby new potatoes – roughly chopped
- 200g cavelo nero or whole leaf kale – main stalk removed
- 100g unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the new potatoes and roughly chop.
- Cook in a saucepan of boiling water until just soft.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking parchment paper.
- Drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and season well. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts and roast for a final 10 minutes until golden.
- Roughly chop the kale and blanch into boiling water. Stir into the hot cooked potatoes.
- Enjoy hot, cold or warm.
Tagged in: Cashew Nuts
, Cavelo Nero
, new potatoes
, Side dish