- Heat oven to 200C/400F/ Gas 6.
- Place the carrots in a pan of boiling water and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until tender.
Spread the carrots out in one layer on a baking tray. Carefully toss with olive oil, seasoning and maple syrup.
Bake for 20 mins, turning once.
- Cut the ready rolled pastry in half. Cut each into three rectangles.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper.
- Put the pastry rectangles on the baking tray and score a border into the pastry about 2 cm from the edge.
- Glaze the pastry with the beaten egg or extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Mix the chestnuts, walnuts, cream cheese and onion mixture together.
- Place in the centre of the pastry keeping with in the border.
- Top with the cooked carrots, placing them in neat rows within the border of the pastry.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 200C until golden.