- This is a slightly different way of flavouring a roasting chicken. Requiring just 10 minutes to prepare, it is make a tasty family meal that everyone will enjoy.
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 large chicken pieces/ thighs
- For the Herb Spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika – ideally smoked
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, mix the herb spices together.
- Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Using a knife spread the honey over the skin of the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the herb spice mix.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F / Gas mark 6 or combi steam 180C and 60% steam.
- Place the chicken in an ovenware dish.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of water to the dish.
- Cover and roast for 25 minutes or until golden.
- To serve the stylish way: Garnish with a dusting of dried and fresh herbs.
Tagged in: Chicken
, Dinner Party
, dried herbs
, Friday Night
, Sesame Seeds