- This a delicious vegan Mexican salad beautifully packed into a baked tortilla bowl. You can cook the cauliflower florets and bowls in advance and add the prepared salad and dressing just before serving.
- Flavoured with Geeta’s Spicy Tomato & chilli sauce which adds a little heat to this authentic Mexican recipe.
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- I tablespoon GEETA spicy tomato & chilli sauce
- 150g cauliflower- cut into florets
- For the Bowl
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- For the Salad
- 150g sweet corn tinned or frozen (defrost if frozen)
- 150g black beans – tinned drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado – peeled and sliced into large wedges
- 1 red pepper – cut into quarters, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 75g cherry tomatoes- roughly chopped
- For the Dressing
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Geeta’s Spicy Tomato & Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander – leaves only -roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ gas mark 4.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the Geeta’s Spicy & Chilli sauce. Transfer the cauliflower florets to a tray lined with baking parchment paper.
- Coat the cauliflower with the sauce so that it is evenly coated. Roast for 25 minutes or until soft and golden.
- For the tortilla taco bowl, grease a medium sized ramekin with vegetable oil. Place a ramekin inside a tortilla wrap holding it together with a piece of foil and transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the foil, invert the tortilla so that the base is upwards. Bake again for 8-10 minutes so that it is crispy and golden.
- Mix the salad ingredients all together and set aside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- When the cauliflower is cooked add to the salad mixture and then pour the dressing over the salad.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with the salad.
Tagged in: Alfresco dining
, black beans
, Cherry Tomatoes
, fresh coriander
, Geetas spicy tomato sauce
, Red Pepper
, Sweet corn
, tortilla wraps