- This is a rich but utterly delicious cheesecake. Looks impressive and definitely a recipe for all peanut butter lovers!
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes plus chilling
- Serves: 10 people
- For the base
- 130g crushed salted pretzels
- 75g plain flour
- 75g porridge oats
- 200g dates -pitted and chopped
- Pinch salt
- For the filling
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 675g cream cheese
- 180g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 60g sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the topping
- 225g mini pretzels
- 100g chocolate - melted
- 25g chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the base, combine all the ingredients into a food processor. Whizz together so that it forms a sticky mixture.
- Line and grease with a little vegetable oil a 22cm loose based cake tin using baking parchment paper.
- Press the base mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Make the filling: Using a food processor, combine peanut butter, cream cheese and brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well in between.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and salt and mix until just combined. Pour over the prepared base.
- Bake until the cheesecake is just set in the centre, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- (Cheesecakes tend to crack if you do not use a bain marie (water bath). Double wrap the outside of the cake tin in aluminium foil and place in a baking dish. Place on an oven rack and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake as directed.)
- Let it cool 1 hour on a wire rack, then refrigerate until totally chilled, at least 4 hours and up to overnight
- Decorate the cheesecake: Dip one side of each pretzel in melted chocolate then stick it on the side of the cheesecake. Repeat to cover the entire side of the cheesecake.
- Top the cheesecake with pecans.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate and date syrup.
Tagged in: Birthday
, Brown Sugar
, Peanut butter
, sour cream
, Vanilla Extract