- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400F/ Gas mark 6.
- Toast the walnuts by roasting them in a single layer on a baking tray in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 3 tablespoons for garnish.
- Leave to cool briefly before grinding them in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dust the chicken pieces in the spices to evenly coat.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the chicken pieces in the pan, working in batches if necessary to not crowd the pan, and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the pan, set aside.
- Add sliced onions to the pan and sauté until translucent.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan with the onions. Pour the chicken stock over the chicken and onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the ground walnuts and pomegranate molasses.
- Transfer to an ovenware dish and complete in the oven at 180C/ 350F/ Gas mark 4 for 25 minutes.
To serve the stylish way: Garnish with pomegranate seeds, whole roasted walnuts, sprigs of fresh mint and lemon wedges.