- To make the tofu, add all the tofu dressing ingredients to a large bowl, mix to combine. Slice the tofu into large cubes. Transfer to the bowl and mix into the dressing. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes – ideally a few hours.
- To cook the tofu, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry for a few minutes each side until brown and crispy, then transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- For the flat bread, tip the flour into a large bowl with 1 teaspoon salt and the cumin seeds. Make a well in the centre and pour in the oil and 150ml warm water.
- Mix well. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth or alternatively put all the mixture into a food processor to combine. Leave to rest for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
Roll each out on a lightly floured works surface to the thickness of a pound coin.
- To cook, heat a griddle pan until really hot and cook on both sides until puffed and brown or cook on a hot grill or BBQ.
- To make the hummus, add the butter beans into the blender with the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil. Blitz until smooth and creamy (aprox 2 minutes), add 2- 3 tablespoons water to loosen. Season to taste and blitz again.
To serve: Place the hummus in a dish, top with the whole butter beans, tofu, pumpkin seeds, chilli flakes and sprigs of parsley with the flat bread to the side