This is a perfect snack to enjoy at Succot. Free from everything but taste- wheat, dairy and also vegetarian. Enjoy with hummus or your favourite dip or just by itself.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:100g whole almonds – toasted
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sesame seeds
4 carrots – approx. 250g peeled and grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
Topping: 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
Method1) Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
2) Place the toasted almonds in the food processor and pulse so that they are coarsely chopped.
3) Mix the cumin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, linseed and almonds.
4) Stir in the grated carrot, oil and eggs.
5) Season to taste.
6) Line a baking tray 20 x 30 cm with parchment paper.
7) Spread over the mixture so that it is ½ cm thick, score into rectangles and scatter over the cumin seeds.
8) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and firm.
9) Cut into biscuits, turn them over and bake for a further 5 minutes to crisp up.
10) Cool on a wire rack.