Coconut cream for 2018 is now kosher for Pesach. This is quick to prepare and is a delicious family friendly dessert or cake for afternoon tea.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 8 people
Ingredients:3 tablespoons coconut cream
200g ground almonds
6 tablespoons honey/ maple syrup
½ teaspoon baking powder
Zest of lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
350g frozen mixed berries – drained
Topping: 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
Method1) Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F
2) Line a 2kg loaf tin with baking parchment paper.
3) Mix coconut cream with the ground almonds, honey, baking powder, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract together.
4) Stir in the eggs and mix well.
5) Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and sprinkle over the defrosted berries and gently stir in.
6) Bake for 40 minutes or until firm in the middle and just golden on top.
7) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the cake tin.
Top with some fresh blueberries just before serving.