- With coconut milk and coconut cream now kosher for Passover, soups like these can be included during this time. Add the chili to taste as not everyone likes their food too spicy.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 8 people
- 900g leeks – trimmed and chopped
- 1 kg red potatoes -peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cm fresh ginger – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemon grass stalk – trimmed and v finely chopped
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 x 400ml coconut milk -kosher for Passover
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Topping: 2 tablespoons chopped raw leek,
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut, a sprinkling of chilli flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan pot low heat.
- Add leeks and cook until their softened, about 8 minutes. Stir often to keep leeks from burning. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chili and mix well.
- Add potato chunks, stock and coconut milk.
- Bring up heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes covered, until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and season soup with salt and pepper. Use a liquidizer or stick blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve hot topped with finely chopped raw leeks, coconut and chilli flakes
Tagged in: chilli
, Coconut Milk