- If you are looking for a one pot family tasty chicken recipe – this the recipe for you.
- With all the flavours of Italy, puttanesca is a tomato-based sauce normally to go with spaghetti that includes chilies, olives, capers and garlic. It originated in Naples as a quick pasta sauce using store cupboard ingredients.
- This goes well with crispy potatoes wedges.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 8 people
- 8-12 large chicken thighs – remove skin
- 2 tablespoons spice mix – 2 tablespoons each of paprika and mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions – peeled and quartered
- 400g x2 tinned cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree/ or Passover ketchup
- 75 ml red wine
- 4 cloves garlic – peeled and 8 crushed
- ½ red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 100g black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley– leaves only
- Preheat the oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Dust the chicken in the spice mix so it is evenly coated on both sides.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the chicken pieces so that they are golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a roasting tin.
- Add the onions on a single layer and drizzle over the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season well. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine and garlic.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, season and mix well and roast for a final 10 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and golden on top and the sauce reduced.
- To serve: Sprinkle with a dusting of black pepper and chopped parsley. Enjoy with crispy potato wedges.
Tagged in: Capers, Chicken thighs, dinner, Family dinner, Garlic, Italian, Parsley, Passover, Passover, Pesach, Pesach, Red Onions, Red Wine, Seder Night, tin tomatoes