- Breakfast at Pesach can be quite uninspiring, these little fruit and nut pots are a colourful combination of rhubarb and strawberry compote, topped with yoghurt and roasted nuts.
- Easy to transport so they can be a tasty treat on the move too!
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6 people
- 30g almond flakes
- 30g pecan nuts
- 30g whole almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 25ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, fine
- For the Compote
- 400g rhubarb – trimmed and cut into cubes
- 100g dried figs – roughly chopped
- 2 Braeburn apples, small – quartered, cored and roughly chopped
- 50ml apple juice
- 30g sugar
- 100g strawberries
- 300g yoghurt, vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the nuts. Combine the cinnamon, maple syrup, oil, vanilla essence and salt. Pour this over the nuts and transfer to the lined baking tray spreading out in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- For the compote, place the fruit (except the strawberries) in a saucepan, add the apple juice and sugar and cover with a lid. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Remove the lid from the pan and cook uncovered for a further 3 minutes, until the fruit has softened and most of the liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- Once the compote has cooled, stir in the sliced strawberries. Add a couple of tablespoons of rhubarb compote into the bottom of each glass, top with yoghurt and nut mix.
Tagged in: almond flakes
, Apple Juice
, Dried figs
, Pecan nuts