Fresh peaches are a great summer treat ~ make the most of them with this soft creamy dessert. This recipe slices up easily and will transport well ~ so good for the family picnic and summer lunch box. When shopping for peaches, choose fragrant fruits which are unblemished and firm. Fresh peaches are highly perishable so only purchase what you need. Peaches that are greenish coloured were probably picked too early and should be avoided. Sweetness does not increase after picking so ripe picked fruit is always the tastiest.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45
- Serves: 10
- 150g margarine
- 200g SR Flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 175g brown sugar
- 150ml single cream or soya
- 4 large eggs – beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 ripe peaches – stone removed
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil – to grease tin
- Peach Honey ‘Cream’
- 2ooml thick natural/ Greek yoghurt or non-dairy toffuti cream
- 3 tablespoons runny
- 100g dried peaches – soaked in 1 tablespoon brandy (ideally Peach brandy)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 350 F/ Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 30cm x 23 cm x 5cm deep baking tin with baking parchment paper.
- Place the flour, almonds, sugar and lemon zest into a food processor and whizz to mix. Add the margarine, cream, eggs and almond extract. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Level the mixture evenly and arrange the peaches on top.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- To make the ‘cream’, place the peaches in a food processor and puree. Add the yoghurt and honey.