- This it a tasty breakfast mix Mexican style.
- Suitable for breakfast, lunch or brunch and made in under 30 minutes.
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 8 people
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large red onions peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 8 eggs
- 50ml milk/ soya milk
- 1 400g tin black beans - drained
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 8 x ready baked taco shells
- Garnish: Sprigs of mint
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onions, garlic and peppers for about 5 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and season well. In a separate pan, add a little oil and the egg mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until light and fluffy. Set aside with the lid on.
- Warm the black beans in a small saucepan or covered in the microwave.
- Put a few spoons of scrambled egg in the bottom of a taco. Add some of the onion and pepper mixture, beans and then garnish with avocado and tomato. Repeat with remaining tacos.
- Garnish with mint
Tagged in: avocado
, black beans
, green pepper
, Red Onions
, Red Pepper
, taco shells