This is really easy and can be made in stages ~ so just perfect for entertaining. You can even freeze the base and bring it out when required.
It is gluten free and vegan so will help with guests who have dietary requirements too!
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8- 10 people
- 350g walnuts
- 250g dried figs – stalk removed
- 170g almond butter
- 150g soya yoghurt – I liked the coconut flavour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 500g berries or fruit of your choice eg, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries – or use frozen berries defrosted and well drained.
- To make the base, pulse the walnuts and figs in your food processor until they stick together, forming a rough dough.
- Press into a 22cm wide and 4 cm deep loose based tart tin.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas mark 6.
- Bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Gently remove the tart from the base and transfer to a plate.
- To make the filling: Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread into the bottom of your tart base.
- Top with all the berries, slice and serve!