With the trend of South American food taking off, why not make your own fish tacos at home? All ingredients can be purchased kosher, so for a cod fish meal with a difference, put these fish tacos on the menu. The whole family will love the experience!
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes plus 20 minutes marinating
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 4 cod loins – approx 150g each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, green chili - coarsely chopped
- 50g fresh coriander- chopped
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas mark 4.
- Place fish in a medium size dish.
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, jalapeno, and coriander and pour over the fish and marinade for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the fish, covered in the marinade for 20 minutes or until fish is white and firm.
- Once cooked, discard the marinade.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes and then flake the fish with a fork.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan, add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeno chili and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Puree the mixture with a stick blender until smooth and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce, oregano, coriander and lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.