- Burgers of all description never fail to satisfy a hungry family. Using fresh salmon, this recipe might encourage the most fussiest of eaters to eat fish!
- Make for mid-week supper, picnic or enjoy al fresco as they are delicious hot, cold or warm!
- I like to make a double batch and freeze one for another occasion when time is of the essence…….!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 12 – 15 minutes
- Makes: 4-5 burgers
For the burger
- 600g pieces fresh salmon – skinned – roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- To Serve:
- 4 sesame bagels – cut in half
- 4 tablespoons coleslaw
- 5 baby cherry tomatoes- sliced
- 4 pickled dill cucumbers – sliced
- Sprigs of dill
- Place all the burger ingredients into a food processor and whizz together to combine.
- Tip out and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Using wet hands mould into burger shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté with the lid on for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden.
- Toast the sesame bagels.
- Spread some coleslaw on the bagels; add some cucumber, dill and sliced tomatoes. Insert the cooked salmon burgers and serve.