- Family style dining with easy recipe is just what everyone is looking for. Keep for Pesach too!
- This tray bake can easily be adapted to include vegetables you have in your fridge or store cupboards.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g butternut squash – peeled and cut into thin slices
- 200g shallots/ baby onions – peeled and halved
- 300g leeks/ baby leeks or use large ones cut into lengths and halved
- 300g carrots, use baby carrots – cut into batons
- 1 garlic bulb – halved through the middle
- 4 large chicken thighs skin on
- For the pesto
- 200g kale – stalks removed
- 1 garlic clove- peeled and roughly chopped
- 40g brazil nuts
- Zest juice of 1 lemon
- 60ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put all the vegetables for the bake except the garlic in large bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Carefully turn everything over so that the oil lightly coats them.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper and arrange the vegetables so they are evenly distributed on one layer.
- Add the garlic halves and chicken. Season well and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is nicely browned.
- Meanwhile make the pesto. Whizz the kale, garlic, brazil nut and lemon juice together until finely chopped. Add the olive oil and whizz again.
- Drizzle the pesto over the cooked chicken and vegetables and serve.
Tagged in: Brazil nuts
, Butternut Squash
, Family Dining
, Friday Night