This is a tasty savoury omelette made with thinly sliced potatoes, tomatoes, olives and red peppers. It is perfect for a substantial breakfast or packed school lunch, easy to slice and to carry in a lunch box!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
250g baby new potatoes –thinly sliced
1 small red onion – peeled
1 red pepper- cored and roughly chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
12 black olives – cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 5- 8 minutes until just soft. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the onion into rings.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a 20cm heavy based frying pan.
- Add the sliced potatoes and the onions and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are just golden.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Season well. Add the chopped red pepper, cooked potatoes, onions, tomatoes and olives.
- Line the frying pan with baking parchment paper.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan. Pour in the potato mixture. Cook covered gently for 10 -12 minutes until the mixture is set.
- Slide out of the pan onto a chopping board and cut into wedges.