- Golden Baked Cauliflower Steaks
- This is my new favourite side dish. I just love the simplicity of ingredients combined with the crunchy topping. The turmeric provides an aromatic and golden colour to the white ‘steaks’. Enjoy hot, cold or warm.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: Approx 40 minutes
- Serves: 6 -8 people
- 2 large heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 50g chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons roasted walnuts/ pecans – roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Remove the outer leaves from each cauliflower head. Cut off the bottom stem end so that you create a flat base and can stand the cauliflower up on a chopping board.
- Resting the cauliflower on the stem, use a large, sharp knife to cut 3cm thick moderate "steaks."
- Combine the salt, paprika, turmeric and herbs together.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper. Transfer the cauliflower steaks.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then coat with your spice mix.
- Bake for 35 -40 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a large flat serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley, walnuts or pecan nuts, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds.
Tagged in: Cauliflower
, Pumpkin Seeds
, Shabbat lunch
, Side dish
, Sunflower Seeds